Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Beginning My iPad Journey

Our school has formed a technology committee this year as a result of the proposal that you all read about in a previous post. Our district technology coach agreed to allow members of the committee to pilot iPads for the upcoming school year. We have 7 in our building that we are currently piloting. I have been very excited about the possibilities that the iPads are providing us with in education and have begun compiling some very intriguing apps.

I brought the iPad home, of course, to play and explore. My children (ages 3, 6, and 9) have completely taken it over. They would play it 24/7 and I'm not exaggerating! The video above is my 3 year old learning from a great app during my daughter's girl scout meeting. Please excuse the watermark. I'm trying out a converter that will take my mobile videos and convert to web format. (Fingers crossed it works!)

I can't wait to see where this device takes us this year!

2 comments:

  1. Kids are naturally drawn to the iPad, it is like moths to light! Looks like fun learning to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my iPad in the classroom. My fav (teachers-must-have) app it Toontastic. Kids have developed many digital cartoons. We've used it in Lit class and science thus far. Here's an example http://toontube.launchpadtoys.com/5036/
    have fun!!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete